Last Shout - Posted by: James - Saturday, 19 June 2010 15:26
Welcome to FS-Shipyards.Org

FS-Shipyards
October 24, 2017, 05:18:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FS-Shipyards community now supported by FSAddon Publishing

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LHA-5 locations -- how to add or modify?  (Read 8397 times)
Ripcord

« on: April 17, 2011, 08:20:55 AM »

Ideally this thing would be an AI ship that can be used by mission builders as a moving object, but right now it isn't.  That's OK, at least it is now free.  And it is quite stunning work as scenery goes - very thankful for it AJ, well done.

How then to add some more locations for these static objects?  Is it just a function of editing one of these BGL files?

Ripcord

AJ

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »

Hey Ripcord,

Sorry for the late response, busy working on another maritime project. Your welcome, thanks and I'm glad you are enjoying it, in that order!! smile
I'd like to say "yes" to your question, but it's not that easy. There are a number of files associated with each model location. As it's been awhile since I released it commercially, I couldn't tell you off hand which files go with what. We'd made so many changes to the files and how things were to be set up to make it easier for people to install / uninstall the package that I lost track of individual file associations. Sorry!!

I will tell you that I am currently working with several other developers on a major maritime project that at some point will include an AI and pilotable, upgraded version of LHA and her sister ships. As we get further along with progress on the project, I'll start posting pics and shedding more light on what we are working at this, and other FS websites. So keep an eye out.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help on your question.

AJ      

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:32:04 PM by AJ » Logged
Ripcord

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:29:04 AM »

AJ, I used your files and copied them over into my simobjects as boats, so I can now place them in missions as AI. Yeah I realize I lose a lot of the funcationality and features -- all the hard work you put into the static model version.  But it still a good trade off.

So far so good, enjoying the hell out them.  Great work man.  Building a couple mission for the FSX Acceleration EH-101 Navy version helo, which I later intend to recreate for the Aerosoft SH-60.

Of course I cannot distribute the missions, but maybe that is a discussion for another day.  The FSX community really needs a good 'US NAVY amphib gator fleet' pack complete with a couple dozen missions to go with them.  One of these days we'll get in touch and visit more about your project.

BTW, I really need a LSD class landing docking ship and a fleet command ship (Mt Whitney and Blue Ridge) for good Navy helo ops missions.

Ripcord
AJ

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »

Hey Ripcord,

Whidbey Island and Bainbridge class LSD's, LPD's {old and new} LPH's {remeber them!! smile} and LHD's are all on the white board to be done for the project I'm working on. Again, AI and pilotable, so your needs will be covered!!

Do me favor and send me over the missions you've created with the LHA, I'd love to check 'em out!

simdesigngroup@live.com

AJ
Ripcord

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 07:26:54 AM »

AJ so far just one mission with your LHA and it requires a number of other AI objects -- I'll have to make a list.  Once I get it more or less completed, I will be sure to send it over.  It is kinda basic right now.

Ripcord
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: